Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I wish, I want, I wail

I wish I were smarter. More focused. More efficient.

I wish my ever ending pile of work would disappear. And I would know all the information it contains.

I want to be better. To learn. To focus. To get work done.

But I don't.

Instead I fester in my own frustration. Wishing and wanting to do better. Be better.

All I can do is putter along. Hope that the work won't overwhelm me in a way where I shut down and become even more unproductive than my average self.

All I can do is hope that I learn all that I need to. Read the necessary chapters. Do the necessary assignments. At the very least by class rolls around, or the day of the exam.

But the work never ends. Whether I blame it on being a science major or my unbelievably awful study habits. It is what it is.

Life moves on.

1 comment:

  1. We're all guilty of this. And we all go through times where we feel like we've let ourselves down, and discouraged. And then we go through times where we're really motivated and life is great.
    It sucks, sometimes. But yeah, life moves on. (p.s. I'm so glad you're blogging, I miss you tons!)

    ReplyDelete