Monday, October 8, 2012

19 Days.

19 days is all it took and now its official. Homesick. It's an interesting word but for those who have felt the feeling, it describes it perfectly. To feel physical and mentally sick, for the only cure to be back home with friends and family that you know and love. Though for many of us who have gone of to college we realize when we do come home nothing will be exactly the same. I wasn't sure if I was going to feel homesick. I knew I would miss my dog and my friends. I assumed I would miss my family at times but I had no idea if I would feel the overwhelming feeling homesickness the way I did. I have been really luck to live in a dorm with people I get along with a feel like I'm connecting with and can become good friends with. But even so I miss the familiarization of being with the same people I have know for years. The feeling hit me when I was in Rosh Hashana services. The service was similar to what I knew but yet so very completely different and I didn't like it. I wanted my Rabbis and my melodies and my synagogue. Then that evolved into wanting to sleep in my bed, hang out with my friends and be in my house. But change is inevitable and probably easier when you just embrace it instead of fighting it. No matter how far you go, everyone feels homesick sometime in your life. But it passes and it will be interesting to see, maybe over the summer I will become homesick for Madison... Only time will tell! I will keep you posted :)


Also, I really like how I have an idea for a blog post. Start writing it. And then never edit or post it so it just sits as a draft until weeks later I finally finish and post it... :)

2 comments:

  1. Jenna! I'm so happy you're blogging again.

    I feel the same way as you; it's not so much homesickness, but the feeling that things are never going to be the same. Like you're sick to go back to the way things were, not just home. Because even home will be different now.

    I miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah "blogging again" is relative but I am trying!! Not that I check my blog (or comments...) very often ;)

    Yeah it's weird how everything is changing. And though I know everything is different now, being home seems so comfortable and nice. Seeing people now too is just fun and nice... It will be interesting to see how it is next Thanksgiving. Who is still keeping in touch etc...

    ReplyDelete